About the project
Agent App Widget is a web application loaded into the LiveChat Agent App. All agents can interact with the widgets during chats with customers. The widget itself is displayed in the Agent’s App sidebar.
You can use the widget in a number of ways:
- query the external services with visitor’s email or LiveChat group ID (CRM, marketing automation, etc.),
- display static content, e.g. knowledge base articles, conversation prompts or context information,
- query LiveChat REST API to do basically anything with the visitor, agent or chat.
Sample LiveChat Agent App Widget
- April 5, 2016 – Minor update for Agent App (return of
customer_profileevent); fixes for the situation, where there are multiple widgets installed
- December 14, 2016 – Update for Agent App implementation (return of
group_idwithin the iframe)
- December 1, 2016 – The initial release of Agent App Widget docs
- Agent App Widget with Glitch Blog post on how to create your own Agent App Widget within minutes with Glitch
- Agent App Widget Docs Complete documentation on creating your own Agent App Widget in sandbox environment
- Sample Application with PHP Repository with sample app written in PHP & Silex
- Sample Application with Webpack (JS) Repository with sample app written with JS & Webpack